Sancte Vivere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sancte Vivere

Promoting the Catholic Faith in its own little way

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
st jude
Private
Private
st jude

Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias! Empty
PostSubject: Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!   Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am

Finally the excommunications of the four bishops of the SSPX have been lifted by our Pope Benedict XVI.

Hopefully the removal of this onus from the Society will pave the way for a renewal of Tradition within the Church.

This is just one of many recent articles on the subject:

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0900355.htm

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI has lifted the excommunication of four bishops ordained against papal orders in 1988 by the late French Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre. The move was considered a major concession to the archbishop's traditionalist followers.

The Vatican said the decree removing the excommunication, signed Jan. 21 and made public three days later, marked an important step toward full communion with the Society of St. Pius X, founded by Archbishop Lefebvre in 1970.

Unfortunately, later in the same article, the author grossly understates the number of SSPX members by more than half.
Back to top Go down
JoanScholastica
Marshal — Administrator
Marshal — Administrator
JoanScholastica

Location : Philippines, where 8 natives are blessed to make it in the SSPX priesthood!

PostSubject: Re: Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!   Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 am

Well, it just shows that the media at large is not yet ready to accept the SSPX as normal people.
Back to top Go down
st jude
Private
Private
st jude

PostSubject: Re: Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!   Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:57 am

JoanScholastica wrote:
Well, it just shows that the media at large is not yet ready to accept the SSPX as normal people.

I wish it were that simple, Joan. Unfortunately, the Society has powerful enemies, inside and outside of the Church, who do not want to see a return to Catholic Tradition. They feel very threatened by the Society and its goals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!   Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excommunications lifted! Deo gratias!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sancte Vivere :: Catholic Discussion :: SSPX News and Events-
Jump to: